Best Friends Dog Training and
Behaviour Class Policies for Nosework
Health and behaviour of participating dogs
- Dogs may not participate in class if they are sick or recovering from illness. Your dog may not come to class if it has any kind of communicable disease or parasite, such as fleas. In this instance, I will apply a credit towards future classes.
- Dogs in heat may attend classes.
- Dogs must be current on vaccinations for parvovirus and distemper or been titer tested.
- You must disclose if your dog has a bite history and, if so, I reserve the right to determine if your dog may attend the class.
- Classes are not appropriate for dogs who display aggressive behaviour to people.
- I reserve the right to decide that the class is not the right fit for your dog if their behaviour disrupts the class or poses a threat to the safety of the people in the class. In this instance, I will apply a credit from your payment towards private training.
- Dogs must remain on leash at all times, unless instructed otherwise. Please do not allow your dog off leash during class, or when walking to and from your car before or after class, unless instructed otherwise.
- Dogs must be comfortable staying in your car while waiting their turn to enter the search area.
- Please do not allow your dog to greet other dogs you may encounter walking to and from your car before or after your turn in the search area.
- Dogs should be wearing a harness or flat buckle collar and you should have your dog on a six foot - 15 foot leash. We do not allow the use of retractable leashes, or martingale, choke, prong, or e-collars.
- Participants must complete a registration form prior to class.
- Participants must sign a liability waiver as part of the registration process.
- Payment can be made by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org upon registration, or by cash or cheque on the first day of class.
- All classes and training services are non-refundable.
- If you are unable to attend after paying, we will offer a credit towards future services. This credit will expire in a year.
- We do not offer makeup sessions for missed classes.
- Children are welcome to attend class but must be six or older. Please let me know if you are bringing a child and the age of the child.
- Children under 10 must be supervised by one adult who is not the main handler for the dog in class. This is to ensure the safety of the child, the other class participants, and the dogs.
- If you bring a child to class, you are responsible for your child at all times. Children must not be allowed to approach the dogs and people in class, or interact with any of the equipment, without the instructor's explicit permission.
- You have the right to refuse any part of the program including any training exercises you feel are not appropriate for your dog. I encourage you to let me know if this is the case so that I can adjust the program to meet your needs.
- You have the right to ask questions at all times about the training being offered and to be clear on all relevant details before consenting to the training or behaviour modification.
- You have the right to expect that you and your dog are treated with respect, consideration, and kindness at all times.